Le Dîner en Blanc returns to Victoria, BC on Thursday, June 25, 2015
And yes, the location will be kept secret!
May 20, 2015, Victoria, BC – Le Dîner en Blanc, a gourmet pop-up picnic held at a secret location in the city, returns to Victoria for the third consecutive year on Thursday, June 25, 2015.
Close to 1,200 foodies, fashion, and cultural enthusiasts attended last year’s event at Fisherman’s Wharf Park, with 2,000 expected this year. Those interested in the event may register online at victoria.dinerenblanc.info/register, with the first round of ticket sales beginning on May 25, 2015. Tickets are $74 per couple.
“Diner en Blanc combines a beautiful outdoor venue, such as St Ann’s Academy or Fisherman’s Wharf Park – Victoria’s previous event locations – with the sophistication of a gourmet picnic,” says Tyson Villeneuve, owner of The Social Concierge, the event management company tasked with organizing the Victoria event.
Le Dîner en Blanc is an evening event where guests arrive – dressed head-to-toe in white – to various spots throughout the city and then travel on foot and by coach guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers to a secret location for an evening of fine food, wine and entertainment. Guests bring their own table, chairs, table setting and gourmet picnic. Those who may not have the time to pack their own gourmet picnic can once again count on Dan Hayes, The London Chef, who will provide three catered food options.
Highlights of the evening include the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner, the lighting of the sparklers, dancing on location and an after party.
Key Rules of Dîner en Blanc
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only.
- Table setting: all white!
- The location is kept secret. Guests meet at assigned departure locations and are escorted by Dîner en Blanc volunteers to the secret location.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two white chairs, and white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- Champagne or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit the official website: international.dinerenblanc.info/about.
About Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier, Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide phenomenon celebrated on five continents. Dîner en Blanc – Paris now attracts nearly 15,000 people each year. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 50 cities in more than 20 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair.
About the Social Concierge
The Social Concierge is a boutique branding and marketing agency that specializes in consistently delivering unique, premium solutions to a select range of experientially-focused clients. They also create and execute a portfolio of designer in-house events and tailored hosting programmes for special guests both locally and abroad. The Social Concierge values the history of brand culture and design, the integrity and longevity of strong partnerships, and attention to detail as fundamental pillars toward the building of a strong image. Their team draws inspiration from the past and architects today into tomorrow. For more information or to contact The Social Concierge visit http://www.thesocialconcierge.com/
To keep up to date on event announcements:
Hashtags: #DEBVictoria #dinerenblanc #DEBVictoria2015