With its setting on the caldera rim of a legendary volcano, Iconic Santorini regales guests with wraparound views of one of Europe’s most awesome panoramas.
Some guests become transfixed — they just want to spend their entire vacation on their personal balconies or the stunning sun terraces at the caldera’s edge.
Timeless architecture, today’s luxuries
Iconic Santorini, is literally a boutique cave hotel perched 1,000 feet above the sapphire waters of the caldera, and is a perfect base camp, close enough to all the sights but tranquil, relaxed and detached from the crowds. The 19 charming residences are recreated from traditional cliffside cave homes with stone ceilings and feature the island’s unique style of decoration. This residential decor skillfully blends traditional island fabrics with luxury amenities like flat-screen televisions, JBL sound systems and all-natural, 4-layer Coco-Mat bedding, dedicated wifi and, of course, air conditioning.
The staff is pleased to offer helpful suggestions for a wide variety of activities and tours then make advanced reservations whether it be for antiquities, vineyards, beaches or watersports.
This dedication to service has earned the hotel the World Travel Award as Greece’s Leading Boutique Hotel for four years in a row and the Traveller’s Choice Award from TripAdvisor for 2018.
Insider Tips for Island Activities
Here are some insider tips from Iconic’s savvy local staff for the kind of traveler who wants to experience Santorini in its many facets.
- Scuba dive in tucked- way caves, one of them with a secret church;
- Hike round the crater rim, following the ancient pathway linking the traditional villages of Fira and Oia;
- Take a helicopter tour over the island’s vineyards and villages (keep your camera or phone handy to snap pictures of the distinctive white-cube villages and centuries-old vineyards);
- Paddle a sea kayak or stand-up paddleboard past ancient volcanic cliffs – and maybe snap intrepid cliff jumpers, one of the island’s popular diversions);
- Take a powerboat tour to one of the caldera’s islets, Nea Kameni, for a beach picnic and a dunk in volcanic hot springs;
- On the way back to your luxurious hilltop retreat and your padded lounger, you might want to celebrate a day well spent with a stop at a traditional Santorini vineyard for a tasting tour of the island’s distinctive Assyrtiko wines.
And that’s just a start. Scores of sports shacks and stores also offer parasailing, balloon rides, horseback riding, donkey tours, snorkeling and scuba diving.
For more information please visit www.iconicsantorini.com