Columbia Sportswear, in collaboration with Lucasfilm, has just unveiled its special-edition SkyWalker Pilot Collection, a special-edition collection inspired by Luke Skywalker’s iconic flight suit from the Star Wars™ saga. This is Columbia’s largest Star Wars collection to date and incorporates fan-favorite details of the iconic orange flight suit while merging the utility, tech, and styling needed to take on the Empire (and the elements).
As part of the reveal, Columbia ambassador Bubba Wallace will be shifting into hyperdrive on the racetrack, while wearing a helmet and fire suit with intricate elements inspired by the Star Wars galaxy at the NASCAR Cup Series Championship at the Phoenix International Raceway. Bubba’s car, No. 23 car will feature a custom design inspired by Skywalker’s Red Five X-wing Starfighter. Mark Hamill himself made a cameo appearance to tease the highly anticipated collection!
This is Columbia’s latest and largest Star Wars collection to date, and it incorporates fan-favorite details that bring Luke Skywalker’s iconic flight suit from the original series to life by merging the utility, tech and styling that a Rebel pilot would need to take on the Empire (and the elements).
The collection draws inspiration from Luke Skywalker’s original costume, vehicle schematics and classic Star Wars™ artwork by Ralph McQuarrie. The key styles within the collection also feature the gold standard in warmth—Columbia’s Omni-Heat Infinity™ thermal reflective technology—to help fans master the winter elements. Ranging in price from $50-$700 (CAD), the pieces in the Skywalker Pilot Collection include an array of performance and lifestyle gear. The eight-piece collection can be found at columbiasportswear.ca/en/starwars
The SkyWalker Pilot Collection includes:
- The Skywalker Pilot Ski Suit (MSRP: $700) – A special-edition one-piece ski suit inspired by Luke Skywalker’s iconic flight suit and built for epic snow days with Omni-Tech waterproof breathable fabric, ski pass pocket and thermal reflective lining. And Star Wars fans will appreciate the detailed patches, hidden blueprint graphics of R2-D2, and the T-65 X-wing Starfighter with messages in Aurebesh (the written language of the Star Wars galaxy). Available online only.
- The Skywalker Pilot Ski Jacket (MSRP: $500) – This mountain-ready ski jacket is ready for the slopes and features waterproof-breathable fabric and advanced thermal-reflective lining. Star Wars details include hidden blueprint graphics of R2-D2, and the T-65 X-wing Starfighter with messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Lightweight Jacket (MSRP: $300) – This special-edition lightweight jacket is built for epic adventures near or far with details Star Wars fans and outdoor enthusiasts will love.Advanced thermal-reflective lining keeps cold out and warmth in, while multifunctional hand pockets and costume-inspired quilting on the sleeve add utility and style. Fan-favorite details include a T-47 Airspeeder/Snowspeeder blueprint graphic on the interior security pocket with messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Pullover (MSRP: $220) – A special-edition hooded pullover built for everyday adventures. The heavyweight cotton-blend fabric offers wear-anywhere durability. Fan-favorite details include graphics of either a T-65 X-wing Starfighter or T-47 Airspeeder/Snowspeeder on the back with messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Long-Sleeve Shirt (MSRP: $100) – Featuring Star Wars concept art depicting Luke Skywalker mid-battle on Hoth, this special-edition long-sleeve shirt made with heavyweight cotton-blend fabric provides durability and comfort.
- The Skywalker Pilot Short-Sleeve Shirt (MSRP: $80) – A special-edition short-sleeve shirt made with heavyweight cotton-blend fabric and features blueprint graphics of either a T-65 X-wing Starfighter or T-47 Airspeeder/Snowspeeder, an insignia inspired by Luke Skywalker’s helmet and messages in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Crossbody Bag (MSRP: $90) – The adjustable belt and multifunctional pockets provide custom comfort and secure stowage for essentials. Fan-favorite details include raised-silicone logo patches along with an emblem inspired by Luke Skywalker’s helmet insignia and a message in Aurebesh.
- The Skywalker Pilot Ball Cap (MSRP: $50) – A special-edition ball cap featuring a textured emblem on the front inspired by Luke Skywalker’s helmet insignia, raised-silicone Rebel patch on the side and a message in Aurebesh.