Hennessy is pleased to announce a collaboration with the world-renowned British Artistic Director Kim Jones. In an audacious meeting of two icons, the Hennessy X.O x Kim Jones collection bridges street and luxury in a unique celebration of the legendary blend’s impact on culture.
Interweaving the richness of Hennessy X.O’s 150-year heritage with Kim Jones’ creative vision, the collaboration features the Hennessy X.O Masterpiece designed by Kim Jones, the Hennessy X.O Limited Edition bottle by Kim Jones, and in a first for the brand, the HNY Low by Kim Jones. This also marks the first time Maison Hennessy has partnered with a fashion designer, and that Kim Jones collaborates with a spirits brand.
“We are thrilled to embark on a new odyssey blending cognac-making and couture with Kim Jones, a creative master of our time,” said Laurent Boillot, Hennessy CEO. “Inspired by the emblematic personality of Hennessy X.O, Kim has developed a resolutely contemporary collection that is destined to make an impact on culture today and in the future.”
“I’m fascinated by the rich heritage of Hennessy, a household name behind which artisans have spent hundreds of years creating this special cognac,” says Kim Jones. “Storytelling is very important for me regardless of what I’m designing or who I’m collaborating with – I want my designs to educate and inspire people through the stories they tell.”
For Hennessy X.O, Kim Jones pays tribute to cognac-making and couture, two processes that touch on an understanding of science and the natural world as well as artisanal craftsmanship and savoir-faire. He follows in the footsteps of a formidable lineage of great masters who have helped cement Hennessy X.O’s cultural resonance over the years, including Frank Gehry, Cai Guo-Qiang and Ridley Scott.
Hennessy X.O. Limited-Edition
- The third element of the collaboration is the Hennessy X.O Limited Edition ‘ready-to-wear’ version of the decanter.
- The Hennessy X.O bottle is encased in an aluminum second skin, its structure showcasing the signature shape of the bottle while evoking a couture silhouette.
- A true representation of the merger of fashion and culture with excellence and legacy.
HNY Low by Kim Jones
- Inspired by early basketball shoes, made of a light cognac-colored nubuck leather, a material that takes on the patina of time, a reference to the precious eaux-de-vie.
- True to the sneakerhead aesthetic, Kim Jones made packaging a part of the overall experience.
- The sneakers are presented in an oak box that revisits the barrels used to age the eaux-de-vie, its wavy top echoing the plateau for the Hennessy X.O Masterpiece.
- The HNY Low by Kim Jones will drop in March 2023 in partnership with HBX as the global exclusive online retailer.
The limited-edition bottle of X.O will be available for purchase at alcohol retailers across the country beginning this summer, while the sneakers will be available through the online partner Hypebeast. We’ll follow up once the limited-edition bottles are on shelves.