We already know that pleasure comes in all kinds of different forms. We also know that there is a sweet little thing called self-pleasure time; it can, and if you ask us, should include a special intensifier. Still, some have a particular aversion to using sex toys, perhaps a previous bad experience, a lack of information, maybe even fear, shame. “There is a widespread myth that vibrator can desensitize clitoris,” said Dr. Laurie Mintz, professor of psychology and licensed sex therapist. Given that into account, it`s actually no wonder some just never had a close encounter with; we dare to say, one of the greatest gadgets ever invented. The funny thing is a less known fact that many women don`t have their first orgasm until they use a sex toy. We speak openly about them; we know how they can please us and encourage you to join us. You deserve to have your pleasure, your safe pleasure.
The team at LELO never judge, just the opposite; encouraging people to embrace pleasure is one of the things we do the best. This is why we put together a little guide to enlighten you to try something new, something especially for you, and the most important: something safe. The experience of using a sex toy is something you cherish again and again, not something that makes a scar for a lifetime.
Newbies In The Pleasureland
Since research clearly shows that most women need clitoral stimulation to experience orgasm, we suggest starting with a clitoral vibrator. They make an excellent introduction
to sex toys usage because clitoral vibrators don’t look as intimidating as some other toys might and also make a fantastic tool for the beginning of exploring. After getting acclimated to these traditional vibrators, try using toys that have sonic waves to stimulate the inner and outer clitoris, like the unique SONA, SILA, or ENIGMA. Finally, progressing to sex toys that stimulate both internally and externally at the same time comes as a cherry on top. This is why starting to use a sex toy should include eager anticipation.
We asked Dr. Laurie Mintz to give some beginner advice for all the newbies around:
- Set aside some time where you will have some privacy and not feel rushed
- You may want first to do something to relax you (e.g., a bubble bath) if you are anxious or, on the other hand, something to get your blood flowing (e.g., a run) as research shows increased blood flow can increase orgasm.
- Read the instructions on how to work the sex toy.
- Use any sex toy with lube. I strongly suggest LELO’s personal moisturizer.
- Apply the lubricant to your vulva (the outside area of your genitals).
- Use the toy on your genitals. As indicated below, for beginners, I often recommend a clitoral vibrator (rather than a G-spot or rabbit vibrator), so in this case, apply the vibrator to your external genitals. Move it around (e.g., your clitoral hood, inner lips, and two sides of your clitoris) and see what you like. Play around with intensity.
- Enjoy! I predict that your new favorite lover will be you—and your LELO toy!
- Finally, please don’t forget to clean the toy after and store it in the beautiful bag it came in. I recommend LELO’s toy cleaner. All you do is spray on, wait five seconds, and rinse off.