This year, Global Bartending Champion Kaitlyn Stewart has created an iconic rum cocktail recipe – a must-try for anyone looking to get a taste of the tropics from their home bar!
Grilled Peach Rum Cobbler cocktail
Mixologist: Kaitlyn Stewart
· 2oz Appleton Estate 8yr
· 1/4 of a Grilled Okanagan Peach* (cut into pieces)
· 0.75oz Ginger Infused Fireweed Honey**
· 1oz Fresh Lemon Juice
· 1 Sprig of Rosemary from the garden
· 2 Dashes Rootside Ginger Lemon Bitters
1. To a shaker tin add the grilled peaches and gently muddle.
2. Then add the rum, honey, lemon, rosemary sprig and bitters.
3. Add ice and vigorously shake for 10-12 seconds.
4. To a julep cup, add crushed ice and strain in the cocktail.
5. Top up the julep cup with more crushed ice, if need be, and garnish with a slice of grilled peach and a rosemary sprig.
*Grilled Okanagan Peaches Recipe
1. Cut peach in half and remove the pit.
2. To the cut side add a small amount of brown sugar.
3. Place the sugared peach cut side down on a grill or cast iron skillet.
4. Cook until the sugar has caramelized. Remove from heat and let cool.
**Ginger Infused Fireweed Honey Recipe
1. To a sauce pot add 1 cup of local wildflower honey, 1 cup of water and a 1/4 cup of freshly grated ginger.
2. Put the pot on the stove on medium/low heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Once cooled, fine strain the honey and bottle.